Students will participate in a real kitchen operation at The La La Land Commercial Kitchen (fire and water). Students will use all required kitchen equipment and tools including the knife and sharp tools. As a part of course delivery, students will deal with all cooking operations, including beef, chicken, meat veg, etc. Please advise us if special arrangements are required. Students will have 192 hours of supervised and approved work placement (Industry Placement) in a live approved restaurant at one of our participating Perth hotels (192 hours in term 4; includes 48 shifts a combination of Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner etc).
You will prepare, cook and present multiple items for a minimum of 48 complete food service periods (shifts) including: breakfast, lunch, dinner and Special Function
Why study at PCBT and Perth?
- PCBT has its own luxury 5-star spacious commercial kitchen
- PCBT has its own luxury 5-star spacious buffet club, restaurant & cafe, and function centre (La Land Coffee & Buffet Club- Northbridge)
- PCBT has more than a decade of experience successfully trained thousands of students who are mostly working as a chef or running their own restaurant, cafe, hospitality centre and even hotel!
- PCBT has 5 female and male Masterchef trainers with extensive experience in theory and practice
- PCBT is a college of over 95% international students from about 45 different nationalities mainly Asians.
- If you wish to apply for a Skilled migration in the future, Perth is categorised by the Department of Home Affairs as a regional study destination to secure additional 5 points towards your visa application (must meet the Australian study requirement (another 5 points), have been obtained while you lived in, and studied at a campus in a designated regional area (study in Perth, PCBT) not include study undertaken by distance education).
- Perth has an affordable cost of living and a unique lifestyle to offer
- WA has the best economic figures when faced COVID-19 pandemic
- Perth, a relaxing lifestyle, be able to go for a swim at the beach every morning before work. Living in Perth, unlike Sydney and Melbourne, is more relaxed and you can experience the real Australian lifestyle and be part of a community.
- WA is a rich state.
- All PCBT classes are face to face and we do not offer online classes (that’s how you learn things in real practice).
- Classes run on 2 days a week or a maximum of 2.5 days a week – 20 hour a week.
So, what waiting for?
If you are currently in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, Northern Territories, Tasmania, Australian Capital Territory or you are overseas in any country in the world, from Malaysia, Hong Kong, Pakistan, China, Korea, Colombia, Brazil, Germany, UK, France, Spain, Thailand, Singapore, Russia, Estonia, Slovenia, Sweden, Norway, Italy, USA, UAE, Oman, Mauritius, Taiwan, Japan, Cambodia, Kenya, South Africa, Botswana, and anywhere in this planet, you are most welcome and wanted to start your hospitality journey at PCBT!
- Apply online : https://pcbt.wa.edu.au/online-enrolment-application-form/
- or Ask your agent to enrol you at PCBT.
- See fees and intakes (you may be eligible for a scholarship): https://pcbt.wa.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/PCBT-Course-Fees-Intakes-2020-2021-effective-from-31_10_2020.pdf
- More questions to explore? ask your agent or PCBT Admissions Manager, Ryan at email@example.com or 0420 329 380 (Mobile and WhatsApp)
- See PCBT Photo Gallery: https://pcbt.wa.edu.au/gallery/
- Find out more courses offered by PCBT: https://pcbt.wa.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/PCBT_2021_Prospectus_final.pdf
Looking forward to welcoming you to PCBT Campus soon!
110 Brown Street, East Pert 6004 WA, Australia.
CRICOS Provider Number: 03051J
Registered Training Organisation (RTO) Number: 52014