General English – (Beginner to Intermediate)
ELICOS- Course CRICOS Code: 098010K
updated 19 November 2018: Discounted fees are available to applicants who are already in Australia on a valid Australian visa. For students applying from overseas, please see the fees followed the page
Students applying for ELICOS (General English courses) are NOT required to provide us the IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, Cambridge, OET Results. Applicants for stand-alone English courses (ELICOS) will be provided with the PCBT Placement Test to demonstrate their English, Literacy and Numeracy competencies. (relevant legislation -compilation date 20 July 2018: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2018C00474)
What is this course about?
Our General English (Elementary-Intermediate) course will help you develop language skills for real-life situations – like speaking and conversation. We will help you develop the confidence to live, travel or work in Australia. You will graduate with real-world English skills you can use anywhere.
Who can apply?
- All nationalities from onshore and offshore applying for Student Visa 500
- All nationalities with the Student visa, Tourist visa, Work & Holiday Visa, Working Holiday Visa, Business or Investment Visas, and Dependents of Work Visa Holders.
When is this course available to enroll?
- Every week
How long does it take?
**This course is delivered over:
- 30-42 weeks
- 20-28 weeks
- 10-14 weeks
- 2-9 weeks if filling the gap study.
How is the class timetable?
- 3 Days per week study (Classes are scheduled for 21 hours per week)
Who should apply?
- All people wanting to study English in Australia and
- They are 18 years old and above
What documents to submit?
Students will need to provide evidence of the following:
- Copy of Passport
- PCBT Placement TEST (There are no entry requirements as your English will be tested on arrival and you will be placed in the appropriate level. Students must demonstrate that they possess the appropriate level of English to enter the course level they are applying to enrol in. Based on the test results, students will be offered a place at Elementary or Pre-Intermediate or Intermediate Level.)
- Note: If your English level is not up to equivalent IELTS 3.0, you may take 2-week PCBT Intensive Preliminary Short Course. Please read more about this short course on this webpage: https://pcbt.wa.edu.au/courses/additional-intensive-english-support-short-course/
How much does it cost?
- 12-month Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)- if required:
- Single Students: A$ 605
- Couple cover: A$ 1,928
- Family cover: A$ 2,809
For a full list of applicable fees & charges, please refer to our application form. You will be provided with a full outline of fees in your letter of offer.
What will I be studying?
Each level is designed to be studied over 14 weeks, two five-week terms and two study breaks. Each level (Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, and Intermediate) cover a range of areas including writing, listening, speaking and reading.
Each week will compose three days study from 8:30am to 4:40pm. Activities may include:
- Skills extension (Listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Core learning (tutorials, formative activities)
- Incursions and excursions
- Portfolio development
- Unit tests, progress tests and reviews
Assessment will occur weekly to ensure that you are progressing in your English development. Summative assessments will take place at the end of each term to mark your progress.
How to apply?
- Apply online (https://pcbt.wa.edu.au/future-student/how-to-apply/online-enrolment-application-form/ )
- or Visit one of our Agents (https://pcbt.wa.edu.au/agents/pcbt-agents/) .
- questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile +61 420 329 380