Student Support Services
The following support and welfare services are available to PCBT students, all of which are provided to students free of any additional charges or fees:
- Issuing of documents (e.g. statements of attainment, letters of release, etc.)
- General welfare (e.g. assistance with personal, cultural and social needs, living skills, study skills)
- Emergency assistance, support and referrals for students in Crisis situations.
- Assistance in understanding PCBT’s policies and procedures
- (especially the complaints and appeals, monitoring course progress, and attendance procedures)
- Advice about part-time employment whilst studying
- Advice about accommodation and accommodation services
- Assistance with OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) issues
- Student orientation
- Academic assistance
- I.T support
- Industry reference
- Soft skills such as resume writing, interview techniques and professional development
- Language, literacy and numeracy support
- Social inclusion activities (include helping to organise special activities such as sporting teams, cultural events and sightseeing events
PCBT’s dedicated in-house Counsellor is here to help. Shantha has helped students to deal with time and anger management, family issues, exam anxiety, body image, addiction, relationships, depression, and other related issues. Shantha provides personal counselling assistance and support to students, which is free and confidential. You can discuss any issues or concerns that you are struggling with and of course share anything that has brought happiness and joy to you. Nothing is too small or too big for us to work through together. Please feel free to drop by the Counsellors’ Office, on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. till 4 p.m, but Shantha is happy to correspond with you by email if that suits you better. however if unattended, you may email email@example.com for an appointment. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss your issues and correspond via email, please feel free to email your thoughts anytime and your email will be responded to as soon as possible.
PCBT also provide referrals to professional consultants like GP, Counselors, etc., but it incurs additional fees directly payable to the consultant.
Call: 08 9202 1003 or
Student Support Services (for PCBT enrolled students only):
- email: SSO@pcbt.wa.edu.au
Visit Student Support Officers at Level 2, 110 Brown Street East Perth 6004 Western Australia