Diploma Of Hospitality Management
- Course National Code: SIT50416
- Course CRICOS Code: 091052A
- Course Duration: 6 Months
Are you ready to be a leader in the hospitality environment? The Diploma of Hospitality builds on all the core chef and operations management from the Certificate III & IV in Commercial Cookery and extends this to the high level leadership and management skills required to operate a commercial, high end restaurant.
Knowledge and skills will focus on building relationships, working with customers and staff to create a fantastic customer experience, as well as managing operations, budgets and ensuring compliance in a tight regulatory environment.
This course is delivered over 26 weeks (6-months) in 2 terms including 6 weeks of holidays. Classes are scheduled for two days per week plus 4 hours of scheduled study.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any sector of the hospitality industry as a departmental or small business manager.
Possible job titles include:
- Banquet or function manager
- Chef de cuisine
- Chef Patissier
- Executive housekeeper
- Front office manager
- Kitchen manager
- Motel manager
- Restaurant manager
- Sous chef
- Unit manager (catering operations)
Those students who wish to undertake this course should meet the following academic and English language requirements.
|Successful Completion of SIT40413 or SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery||
Upper-intermediate Level of English or
Please note that you are required to meet the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) English language requirements for student visa applications, which may differ from the aforementioned course entry requirements. Please refer to www.border.gov.au to find out the assessment level for your country and to determine the required level of English that you should possess.
PATHWAYS INTO THE QUALIFICATION
You may enter the qualification through a number of entry points including:
- SIT40413 or SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery or
- With acceptable industry experience in the field of hospitality
PATHWAYS FROM THE QUALIFICATION
After achieving this qualification you may choose to undertake
- SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management or
- higher education qualifications in management (Bachelors degree in Hospitality Management / Management & Business).
STUDY & ASSESSMENT MODE
This course is delivered on face-to-face class-room based. Various structured activities and industry excursions are included to provide an opportunity to explore the current industry practices. Assessment is competency based. There is a requirement to participate in industry experience in order to achieve competency for this qualification.
Tuition Fee: $5,500(AUD) inclusive of all learning materials.
To be able to achieve this qualification, students must successfully achieve 28 units of competency, the below is based on Entry requirements being met:
- SITXFIN004 – Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experience
- BSBMGT517 – Manage operational plan
- SITXMGT002 – Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXGLC001 – Research and comply with regulatory requirements