Certificate IV In Commercial Cookery
- Course National Code: SIT40516
- Course CRICOS Code: 093686F
- Duration: 6 Months
Ready to run your own kitchen? Building from the Certificate III in Commercial Cookery, students will learn the basics of management & coordinating kitchen operations. The focus is on building financial skills, leadership and management, rostering staff and all the nuts and bolts of how to run a kitchen.
This course is delivered over 26 weeks in 2 terms including 6 weeks of holidays. Classes are scheduled for 20 hours per week.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in various kitchen settings such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes, cafeterias and coffee shops.
Possible job titles include:
- Chef de Partie
Those students who wish to undertake this course should meet the following academic and English language requirements.
|Successful Completion of SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
|Upper-intermediate Level of English or
IELTS Test Score of 5.0 or
TOEFL iBT Test Score of 35 or
PTE Academic Test Score of 36 or
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) Test Score of 41 or
OET Pass Grade or
TOEFL PBT Test Score of 500 or
PCBT Certificate III in EAL
Please note that you are required to meet the Department of Home Affairs English language requirements for student visa applications, which may differ from the aforementioned course entry requirements. Please refer to https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/ to find out the assessment level for your country and to determine the required level of English that you should possess.
PATHWAYS INTO THE QUALIFICATION
You may enter the qualification through a number of entry points including:
- SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
PATHWAYS FROM THE QUALIFICATION
After achieving SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery, you could progress to:
- SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management.
STUDY & ASSESSMENT MODE
This course is delivered in a combination of theory and practical sessions. Students will need to complete 12 sessions in a live kitchen environment. Assessment is undertaken through written questions, project work, presentations and practical observations. There is a requirement to participate in industry experience in order to achieve competency for this qualification.
Tuition Fee: $6,900AUD inclusive of all learning materials.
To be able to achieve this qualification, students must successfully complete the following units (and completed SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery) :
- BSBCMM401 – Make a presentation
- BSBDIV501 – Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITXCOM005 – Manage conflict
- SITXHRM002 – Roster staff
- SITXFIN002 – Interpret financial information
- SITXFIN003 – Manage finances within a budget
- SITXMGT001 – Monitor Work Operations
- SITHKOP005 – Coordinate Cooking Operations
- SITXWHS003 – Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- BSBSUS401 – Implement and Monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITXHRM003 – Lead and manage people
- SITHKOP004 – Develop Menus for Special Dietary Requirements