CPC31311 – Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling
- Course National Code: CPC31311
- Course CRICOS Code: 099906F
- Course Duration: 24 Months (104 Weeks)
- The course is available to International students Only.
- Total discounted course and material fees: AU$ 24,000 (Monthly or term by term instalment plan available)
This qualification provides a trade outcome in wall and floor tiling for residential and commercial construction work.
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Do you like job diversity? Are you looking for a career where you can combine arts and the trades? Then the Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling is for you!
This qualification offers a wonderful introduction to the growing WA construction industry, providing a range of basic construction skills as well as wall and floor tiling and advanced skills such as Mosaic and tiling curved surfaces. This qualification provides the skills for students to work as a sole trader in the construction, industrial and domestic markets.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in the construction industry with students completing 200 hours of work experience in the construction industry.
This course is delivered over 104 weeks in eight ten-week terms up to 22 weeks of holidays depending on
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a tiler in general construction or as a sole trader.
Possible job title includes:
- Wall & Floor Tiler
Year 11 or equivalent;
Various Certificate II Construction qualifications or
With limited or no vocational experience and without a lower level qualification
- Intermediate Level of English or
- IELTS Test Score of 5.0 overall (General or Academic) or
- TOEFL iBT Test Score of 35 or
- PTE Academic Test Score of 36 or
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) Test Score of 154 or
- OET Pass Grade B or
- PCBT Certificate 3 in EAL
- IELTS test score of 4.5 or equivalent with at least 10 weeks ELICOS
- You may be exempted to provide evidence of English Language competence if:
- you have studied for 5 years in an English speaking country.
- you have completed at least 6 months of a Certificate IV OR higher level course in an Australian Education Provider under a student visa.
- you have successfully completed a foundation course in Australia
- you have successfully completed the College English Placement Test.
- you have successfully completed your High School or higher tertiary qualification in
Please note that you are required to meet the Department of Home Affairs English language requirements for student visa applications, which may differ from the aforementioned course entry requirements. Please refer to https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/ to find out the assessment level for your country and to determine the required level of English that you should possess
Students wanting to study in this course are expected to be physically fit and capable of completing a range of manual handling tasks on a daily basis.
Pathways From the Qualification
Students who successfully complete the Certificate III may go on to complete further study in a range of Certificate IV qualifications such as the Certificate IV in Building and Construction various streams; Building; Site Management; Specialist Trades or Trade Contracting.
Study & Assessment Mode
This course is delivered in a combination of theory and practical sessions. All practical sessions are conducted in a fully equipped trade training
PCBT will Support Wall and Floor Tiling and Solid Plastering Students in Finding Work Placements to Complete 360 Hours in terms 3-8 (Note: Students must abide by PCBT Code of Conduct).
Work placements are
Tuition Fees: AU$ 21,000
Material Fees: AU$ 4,900
Total discounted course and material fees (for a limited time): AU$ 24,000 (Monthly or term by term
*Please note prices may vary if Recognition of Prior Learning or Credit Transfer are approved, please refer to our website for more details.
Units of Competencies
To achieve full certification, candidates must complete 19 units of competency:
PCBT runs a registered trade centre in West Perth. At this centre, candidates are trained in Wall & Floor Tiling. All training and assessments, required for the qualification, are carried out on-site in our workshop.
|CPCCCM1012A||Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry|
|CPCCCM1013A||Plan and organise work|
|CPCCCM1014A||Conduct workplace communication|
|CPCCCM1015A||Carry out measurements and calculations|
|CPCCCM2001A||Read and interpret plans and specifications|
|CPCCCM2006B||Apply basic levelling procedures|
|CPCCOHS2001A||Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry|
|Wall and floor tiling field of work|
|CPCCWF2001A||Handle wall and floor tiling materials|
|CPCCWF2002A||Use wall and floor tiling tools and equipment|
|CPCCWF3001A||Prepare surfaces for tiling application|
|CPCCWF3002A||Fix floor tiles|
|CPCCWF3003A||Fix wall tiles|
|CPCCWF3004A||Repair wall and floor tiles|
|CPCCWF3006A||Carry out mosaic tiling|
|CPCCWF3007A||Tile curved surfaces|
|CPCCWP3002A||Apply waterproofing process to internal wet areas|
|Advanced tiling field of work|
|CPCCWF3005A||Carry out decorative tiling|
|CPCCCM2008B||Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding|
|CPCCCO2013A||Carry out concreting to simple forms|