Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management (Commercial Cookery Stream)
- Course National Code: SIT60316
- Course CRICOS Code: 093688D
- Course Duration: 9 Months
Thinking of running your own restaurant or cafe? The Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management has been designed for those who want to learn everything it takes to run your own establishment. From customer service, hospitality basics, food and beverage service to finance, marketing, HR and business plans this course provides participants with everything that they need to run and build a solid business within the hospitality industry.
This course is delivered over 38 weeks in 3 terms including 8 weeks of holidays. Classes are scheduled for 20 hours per week (2 days per week + 4 hours supervised training).
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector and for a diversity of employers including restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
Possible job titles include:
- area manager or operations manager
- café owner or manager
- club secretary or manager
- executive chef
- executive housekeeper
- executive sous chef
- food and beverage manager
- head chef
- motel owner or manager
- rooms division manager.
Those students who wish to undertake this course should meet the following academic and English language requirements.
Completion of Cert III in Commercial Cookery – SIT30816 and Cert IV in Commercial Cookery – SIT40516 and Diploma of Hospitality Management – SIT50416
Please note that you are required to meet the Department of Home Affairs English language requirements for student visa applications, which may differ from the aforementioned course entry requirements. Please refer to https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/ to find out the assessment level for your country and to determine the required level of English that you should possess.
PATHWAYS INTO THE QUALIFICATION (CREDIT TRANSFER)
You may enter the qualification through a number of entry points including:
- SIT50416 Diploma Of Hospitality Management or
- With acceptable industry experience in the field of hospitality (PCBT does not have tools to assess clients under this pathway as it is required RPL Kit.)
PATHWAYS FROM THE QUALIFICATION
After achieving this qualification you may choose to undertake
- Bachelor degrees in Hospitality Management or business.
STUDY & ASSESSMENT MODE
This course is delivered on face-to-face classroom based. Various structured activities and industry excursions are included to provide an opportunity to explore the current industry practices. Assessment is competency based. Industry placement or assessment in a live industry environment is required for specific units of competency within this qualification.
Full Course Fee: (Aus) $7,100 inclusive of all learning materials.
To be able to achieve this qualification, students must have successfully completed:
- Cert III in Commercial Cookery – SIT30816
- Cert IV in Commercial Cookery – SIT40516
- Diploma of Hospitality – SIT50416 and
- BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan
- BSBMGT616 Develop and implement strategic plans
- SITXMPR007 Develop and implement marketing strategies
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- SITXFIN005 Manage physical assets
- SITXWHS004 Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
- BSBFIM601 Manage finances
- SITXHRM006 Monitor staff performance
- SITXHRM004 Recruit, select and induct staff
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk